Saturday 9 November 2013

An Organic World from carrots to paint

Ey up my faithful blogworms, this week it's all about organic paint. This stuff is absolutely brillliant !! We're used to organic veg. but how many of you knew that organic paint even existed ??



I'm talking about the brilliant Ecos Paints supplied by the Ian West at Ecos in Heysham in Lancashire. The pic here as some of you will recognise is of our " Reclaimed Madness" kitchen that just keeps going from strength to strength with additional parts we keep adding. 




I'll be posting the new pics to our pinterest board shortly. 
http://www.pinterest.com/milestone01/milestone-reclaimed-madness-kitchen/ so you'll be able to see them all there. The crowning glory to this kitchen is that it has now been deocrated with Ecos 'Feng Shui' paint in a pale, warm green and it looks stunning. Check out the eco credentials aswell, you'll be impressed !

The results we had in using this paint for our new Eco Organic range of kitchens were fabulous in terms of the ability to spray doors and get a great finish with good coverage but hand painting with it is every bit as good. The decorator who painted the kitchen is a good friend of mine and has been decorating for about 30 years. I asked him 2 questions: 1) what do you think of the paint, to which the answer was "One of the best & easiest to work with I've ever used and 2) would you use it again, to which he said "Most definitely"

Praise indeed from one of the best decorators I've ever known.

I would reckon that this paint ticks just about every box you would want to tick, the 'Feng Shui' range, I would think, is probably the first genuinely multi purpose paints I've come across.


I've always been sceptical ( What ! Me ! ) about multi purpose but this one really works. It's ability to simply wipe away most marks with a damp cloth is exceptional.

 I strongly suggest you google Ecos paints and give it a try. I'm always reluctant to recommend anything unless I'm completely comfortable with it cos it can all blow up in your face if you get it wrong but this ones a no-brainer.

Give it a go and tell Ian, I sent you !


I'm pretty damn sure you won't be disappointed !





No comments:

Post a Comment